Your First Visit
Your first visit with Dr. Kartch will last approximately 60 to 90 minutes. The initial visit consists of an in-depth review of your health concerns and goals as we gather a time-line of information on all aspects of your health including:
- Personal health history
- Medication history
- Past trauma during childhood to now/illnesses or surgery
- Auto accidents; did you heal 100% from any previous incident?
- Sports injuries, or sprain/strain injuries from your daily activities
- Previous treatment by other health care providers
- Family medical history
- New injury (s) or areas of concern
- What were your last three meals?
- What do you do to calm yourself in stressful times?
- What are your typical exercise habits for one week?
- How do you relax?
- How do you have leisure in your daily life?
- Do you have chronically tight muscles and/or joint pain?
- When do you feel your body stopped healing well?
We will complete key physical, orthopedic and neurological examination procedures as well. In some cases, there may be a need to refer for x-rays or to your medical doctor. In a many cases we begin soft tissue and chiropractic treatment and home care recommendations on the first visit. Generally, between the first and second visit, the doctor reviews all of your information and designs a comprehensive treatment plan taking into consideration all of your goals and needs.
Your Second Visit is 20-30 minutes
During your second visit, we discuss options for chiropractic support and lifestyle changes including activities of daily living, stretching/strengthening, diet or other modifications that are tailored to you. Together, we decide which treatment options are most appropriate at this time in your life. It is fundamental that you feel empowered to make decisions about your health and healing process while receiving the guidance and support that you need.
Your Follow-Up Visits are 20-30 minutes
Follow-up visits are scheduled to monitor your progress and, if necessary, to refine and expand your plan of care. Each visit is determined by how long you experienced the benefits from the last treatment visit. For example, you felt the benefits of less pain and greater flexibility for two days. Then your next treatment visit will be in 3 days. As you hold your adjustment longer, the pain is going away for a longer period of time and you can stretch out the tight muscles then your next visit will be at the time you feel less than this sense of well-being. As you regain a sense of vitality, our visits will focus on health maintenance through the development of a personalized health maintenance plan. The frequency of your visits will depend on the pace of your progress, the type of therapy you chose, and the amount of support you need to implement the recommended changes.
- Individually designed chiropractic and rehabilitation plans
- 5 chiropractic techniques to customize to your needs
- Soft tissue techniques for rehabilitation and quickening of the recovery process
- Graston Technique: re-directs the healing scar tissue to be functional
- Trigenics Myoneural Technique: re-trains how the nerve communicates with the muscle that moves the bone
- A time and a place for stretching and strengthening.
- Home care advice will be given to train the patient and this will assist in quickening the healing process.
(GT) Graston Technique® is successful in effectively treating all soft tissue conditions, whether they are chronic or acute and post surgical. The Graston Technique® offers many advantages to the patient such as:
- Decreases overall time of treatment
- Fosters faster rehabilitation/recovery
- Reduces need for anti-inflammatory medication
- Resolves chronic conditions thought to be permanent
- Scar tissue and adhesions can prevent fluid movement of muscles, tendons, ligaments and surrounding tissue. They can cause fascia (strong connective tissue between the skin and the underlying muscle) to adhere to muscle tissue, creating a feeling of “tightness” or pain with movement. They can also impair function (range of motion.)
- GT uses patented stainless steel instruments shaped to treat various areas of the body. It breaks up and releases scar tissue, thus relieving pain and allowing the return of normal function to the area being treated. A key benefit of GT is that the patient is able to engage in everyday activities during treatment.
- Scar tissue is the fabric of our immune system that glues us together every day and after every injury. Our duty is to train you how to care for your body well.
- Injuries create new imbalances in the muscle-nerve and spinal habits. As a result some muscles get chronically tight and/or weak. Trigenics can retrain the nerve-muscle communication by lengthening the tight muscles and strengthening the weak muscles.
Mission Statement: Dear Patients and Friends, Our purpose is to provide a safe haven of drug-free healing and health education to improve the quality and longevity of the lives of people in our community! Thank you for your help!